Friday, July 9, 2010

Realty

I have an idea. Actually it was originally Andy’s idea, but he gave it to me very generously. I might become a realtor. He saw that the agency we bought our house with was offering licensing classes, and was thinking about doing realty on the side. I didn’t think it would be good for him to work full time, go to school full time, and do realty, plus try to keep up with his wife and daughter…but then I thought “maybe I could do it.” Apparently real estate is an increasingly popular career move for parents who want flexibility to be with their kids. It tends to allow you to work from home. Also I loved looking at houses when we were looking and still look at them as we drive places.

If I do it I would start an 8 week class in a couple of weeks then take the Virginia real estate agent licensing test. I have a meeting tonight with a local agency to ask the manager some questions to see if the vision I have is reasonable. If it is this could be a great thing for me. Luthien is five months old, and as much as I love her, I don’t want to be just a stay at home mom. I get antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment