Friday, August 12, 2011

Full Time

I officially started working full time almost two weeks ago. It has been great and a huge adjustment.

First off, Lu's babysitter is fantastic. That is a huge plus, since we are not worried about her. Dorothy is a middle aged woman who runs a quasi-daycare out of her house. She watches 3-5 kids a day and handles it admirably. Lu loves hanging with the other kids and is very comfortable with Dorothy.

I have had some huge new projects thrown at me and have had a hard time not panicking on occasion as Andy can testify too. He has been a huge support, making sure I take time to relax, or telling me to go work out when it's obvious I'm getting worked up.

I am excited to take on these new projects. I actually have projects I am solely in charge of rather than just working as people send me their work. I think as I learn more and will become more comfortable and be able to accomplish more.

I had a moment last night when I realized this is a set-up I have dreamed about for a long time. I remember thinking when I was little that I wasn't sure I wanted to be a stay at home mom solely. I know lots of people love it, and there is certainly plenty to keep busy with, but I am not quite domestic enough for it. I always thought that an ideal situation for me would be to have a from-home job. So here we are.

Of course in the future we have to figure out how to do it with a new little baby around, but I figure we will get it sorted out as things come. That seems to be the best way to handle life anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment