Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Boy Horner

So we are having a baby boy! We orginially planned on not finding out until the baby was actually born, but changed our minds about a week before our 20 week ultrasound. We were getting tired of calling the baby “It” and couldn’t seem to stick to a good in utero name.

We also made a bet on whether it was a boy or a girl on the way to the ultrasound. I have thought this little one was a girl for a while, and Andy has been quite sure it’s a boy. He made me promise not to tell anyone what his prize was.

How do we feel about having a boy? Awesome! It’s weird because we’ve only dealt with a small girl person before so it will be a new experience, but it seems initially they are pretty much the same little squishy people.

He kicks me a lot. And I noticed it way sooner this prenancy, which has been fun.

2 comments:

  1. Boys ARE fun. I remember being a little disappointed when my older sister had a baby boy at first, but I had no idea how amazing that crazy little boy would be. Now that he's seven, I'm so glad he's so full of snips and snails and puppy dog tails . . .

    Now if we have a girl, I'm convinced David won't know what to do. He's really good with Liam, but I think a little girl would melt his heart into absolute oblivion and I'll be the one doing all the disciplining. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy was nervous about having a little girl first, the whole protective dad thing reeeaalllyyy kicked in. But he is awesome with her. Lots of kisses and games and all that, and I tend to be the one more structured with her. Although Luthie is super energetic and outgoing so I'm that will prepare me for a little boy well :)

    ReplyDelete