Monday, October 24, 2011

Unemployed

Recently my job laid me off. It didn't come at a great time. I learned so much at that job, and I was really hoping that it was about to set me on a decent career path. At six months pregnant I don't think I have great odds of finding something new before our little boy is born. I know tons of people have been laid off in recent years, but it's still frustrating to deal with.

I mean we are lucky. Andy has a decent job and health insurance. We are making it if just barely. And I am on the hunt to find something that works for our lives. The working from home thing worked super well from me so I would love to find something similar.

On the up-side, with all this extra time now that I'm not working forty hours a week on my computer, we now have clean bathrooms, clean floors, clean closets, organized baby clothes, and I've actually cooked some stuff! I've also been able to spend lots of good play time with Lu, and really enjoyed the extra time to dote on her. We baked cookies today, and I didn't even use a mix!

We've also recommitted ourselves to cloth diapers and have been having great success! We've even successfully kept Lu's lovely diaper rashes at bay. In theory not having a job means I should have more time to blog, so we'll see how that goes :)

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. You and Andy are in my prayers: "just making it" is no fun.
    "But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait with endurance."-Romans 8:25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, hopefully something will come through soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dote on your daughter? I thought only grandparents could "dote"… ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen it is a common myth that only grandparents can dote.

    ReplyDelete